Friday, October 24, 2008

A new recipe

So I am sitting at work right now...(and very bored) so I thought I would post my new made up recipe. Yes I really did make it up. SO GOOD!!!

Better Than Chilis Enchilada Soup

5 cups water
chicken buillion or chicken soup base
1 cup milk
cayenne pepper
cholula chili lime powder
garlic powder
onion salt
3-4 chicken breasts cut up in strips or pieces
1 green & red pepper chopped
1 whole (small) white onion chopped
1 handful cilantro chopped
shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups sour cream

Start by adding water, milk and buillion or base to crockpot set to high. After liquid is heated add powdered ingredients to taste and let dissolve. Then add chicken and let cook for a couple hours til it starts to shred. Add peppers, onion and cilantro. Cook for another 45 min to an hour. Add sour cream and as much cheese as desired. I added flour water to thicken a little. Serve with tortilla chips on top and whatever toppings you like. Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Ben and Natalie said...

That sounds so delish!!! I will have to try that recipe ASAP. Thanks for sharing & I will let you know how it turns out. YUM